doodecals.com Wish to purchase an item or want to browse our store?
Click Here To Visit DooDecals.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DooDecals.com Forums Forum Index -> Moto-Ski The Bombardier Years
LeadSlead
1000 rpm
1000 rpm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: 81 Moto-Ski 550 GPS... first dance Reply with quote

My first real sled was an 81 GPS 550, twin to the Blizzards of the same vintage.
Bought her with no spark on the clutch side for 200 clams, had to dig down into snowbank to get at it. Changed points in that same snowbank, fresh plugs and she was a 2-pull start! Love at first bark. Rode it for 5 years with nothing but routine maintenance before my 2 sons had hit 9 and graduated from their 72 AC Panther 340 onto it, then they rode it for another 5...

Tub and steering became projects, and the sons now had their own more modern sleds. I lost interest and consigned her to the dreaded out-beside-the-barn parking spot, and consequently sold her to a guy who needed the clutch for $100 clams...

I do not get attached to any machine, but that is one deal I regret making. I wish I had it back and would restore it (not for showing, to ride again). That machine (for me) was comfortable, fast enough and had great steering. I now ride a Grand Touring, but have been tempted to find a minty Blizz or GPS, just to see if you really can go home again.

Am I just being a sentimental fool, or does anybody else share my liking for that platform....
96 Formula SL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DooDecals.com Forums Forum Index -> Moto-Ski The Bombardier Years All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: